The Ambassadors are a prestigious group of Chamber members who want to volunteer their time to be a more active member within the Chamber as well as within the Seneca County business community. Ambassador members work with the Chamber of Commerce staff and Board of Trustees to increase membership, improve membership retention, strengthen awareness of Chamber benefits, and assist with various Chamber events.
Ambassadors are a very important in the day-to-day operation of the Chamber. Ambassadors are liaisons for the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Services and serve as representatives at business and community functions. Their commitment and participation in any Chamber event is critical to the success of the Chamber and is greatly appreciated.
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
- An Ambassador has the opportunity to meet business leaders for potential business and social contacts.
- An Ambassador will receive exposure of their name and company before the business community.
- An Ambassador may have the opportunity to advance to other Chamber leadership opportunities, i.e. the Chamber’s Board of Directors, Chairpersons for Ambassadors, etc.
Qualifications of an Ambassador:
- If an Ambassador is employed, they must be an employee of a current Chamber member. An unemployed Ambassador who becomes employed with a business that is not a Chamber member must encourage their employer to join the chamber.
- An Ambassador should be a professional in a position that allows flexibility to meet requirements of membership.
- An Ambassador should be interested in community involvement and have future leadership potential for the Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- An Ambassador should be knowledgeable about Chamber services, its programs and activities, and the business community.